One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He also said it was acceptable for patients to reject extraordinary medical measures that would lead to a ‘precarious and burdensome prolongation of life’.’
- ‘For the treatment with colchicine, a prolongation of the duration of the meiotic divisions was observed.’
- ‘The prognosis will be much improved if the reason for its continual exacerbation and consequent prolongation were removed.’
- ‘Health has become the over-riding contemporary virtue, and the measure of health care in rich countries has become, to a great extent, the simple prolongation of life.’
- ‘Birth-related outcomes that were evaluated included estimated gestational age, length of prolongation, and delivery at term.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.