One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the treatment with colchicine, a prolongation of the duration of the meiotic divisions was observed.’
- ‘Health has become the over-riding contemporary virtue, and the measure of health care in rich countries has become, to a great extent, the simple prolongation of life.’
- ‘Birth-related outcomes that were evaluated included estimated gestational age, length of prolongation, and delivery at term.’
- ‘The prognosis will be much improved if the reason for its continual exacerbation and consequent prolongation were removed.’
- ‘He also said it was acceptable for patients to reject extraordinary medical measures that would lead to a ‘precarious and burdensome prolongation of life’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.