One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person in overall charge of the planning and execution of a particular project.
- ‘Apparently the project managers had a fine time trying to explain to Bulgarian customs officials why they were importing sand from Western Europe.’
- ‘My partner suggested a management team award for the best project manager in the lab.’
- ‘The project managers, dressed in appropriate safety attire, walk down the brick-lined tunnel from the Sterling Memorial Library to the Cross Campus Library.’
- ‘By taking a hard look at individual project components, project managers can zero in on more cost-effective alternatives.’
- ‘You lashed out at your project manager, which was completely out of line.’
- ‘They do not confer upon the project manager a broad discretion, similar to that given to certifiers by conventional construction contracts.’
- ‘At the University, most projects have been left to individual project managers who have to develop their own approach to doing the project.’
- ‘Senior company leaders should designate a project manager who will be responsible for its execution.’
- ‘The ultimate responsibility for the modernization of each weapon system resides, of course, with the respective platform project manager.’
- ‘The farmer is usually more of a project manager, overseeing the operations of a vast machine.’
- ‘The project manager is specifically employed to act in the interests of the employer.’
- ‘No, it was a debt owed to a company by its project manager.’
- ‘The other project managers also did good work, they said.’
- ‘I went from salesperson to project manager to media buyer to trade-show coordinator, with a different job every month.’
- ‘That is something which is also to be expected of project managers.’
- ‘There is no mention of an architect or a project manager here, therefore there may be no contract.’
- ‘The project managers have already confirmed that any change to the project plan would lead to legal difficulties under the EU public procurement regulations.’
- ‘Project managers on classified, compartmentalized projects have an especially difficult job integrating security into their projects.’
- ‘The ensure active control over the project, the project manager must exercise these steps.’
- ‘The project managers have come up with an interesting way of making sure information about how to handle the waste is left for future generations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.