Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The person in overall charge of the planning and execution of a particular project.
- ‘Project managers on classified, compartmentalized projects have an especially difficult job integrating security into their projects.’
- ‘The farmer is usually more of a project manager, overseeing the operations of a vast machine.’
- ‘That is something which is also to be expected of project managers.’
- ‘My partner suggested a management team award for the best project manager in the lab.’
- ‘The ultimate responsibility for the modernization of each weapon system resides, of course, with the respective platform project manager.’
- ‘You lashed out at your project manager, which was completely out of line.’
- ‘They do not confer upon the project manager a broad discretion, similar to that given to certifiers by conventional construction contracts.’
- ‘I went from salesperson to project manager to media buyer to trade-show coordinator, with a different job every month.’
- ‘By taking a hard look at individual project components, project managers can zero in on more cost-effective alternatives.’
- ‘There is no mention of an architect or a project manager here, therefore there may be no contract.’
- ‘No, it was a debt owed to a company by its project manager.’
- ‘The project manager is specifically employed to act in the interests of the employer.’
- ‘Senior company leaders should designate a project manager who will be responsible for its execution.’
- ‘The ensure active control over the project, the project manager must exercise these steps.’
- ‘The project managers, dressed in appropriate safety attire, walk down the brick-lined tunnel from the Sterling Memorial Library to the Cross Campus Library.’
- ‘The project managers have come up with an interesting way of making sure information about how to handle the waste is left for future generations.’
- ‘Apparently the project managers had a fine time trying to explain to Bulgarian customs officials why they were importing sand from Western Europe.’
- ‘At the University, most projects have been left to individual project managers who have to develop their own approach to doing the project.’
- ‘The other project managers also did good work, they said.’
- ‘The project managers have already confirmed that any change to the project plan would lead to legal difficulties under the EU public procurement regulations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.