One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance produced by the pancreas which is converted to insulin.
- ‘Following cleavage of the 24 amino acid signal peptide the protein folds into proinsulin.’
- ‘Insulin is synthesized as a precursor, preproinsulin, and after removal of the signal peptide, proinsulin folds to form the correct tertiary structure.’
- ‘Insulin-like growth factor 1 is a peptide structurally related to proinsulin and has a primary role in promoting skeletal muscle differentiation and growth.’
- ‘Unlike the single chain precursor of insulin, proinsulin, this new construct retains up to 40 per cent of insulin activity.’
- ‘The processing of proinsulin to insulin within the secretory granules of the Golgi complex is dependent on critical levels of pH as well as ATP.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.