One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They might not bring in totally restrictive and prohibitory provisions because they know the Minister will not approve them anyway.’
- ‘I would also like to commend the Peak for publishing it amid a sea of prohibitory contravention.’
- ‘Without strong prohibitory measures, this diabolic spirit disseminated by television channels cannot be done away with.’
- ‘Nearly 206 years ago, the British regime issued the first prohibitory orders against shooting birds.’
- ‘I would emphasise that this is not an argument for prohibitory laws or legally enforced censorship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.