One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These laws were justified by an unholy alliance of liquor wholesalers, bricks-and-mortar retailers, and Prohibitionists as being necessary to keep booze out of the hands of minors.’
- ‘Five years of Prohibition have had, at least, this one benign effect: they have completely disposed of all the favorite arguments of the Prohibitionists.’
- ‘Finally, the most ardent Prohibitionists are starting to suffer for their zealotry.’
- ‘It almost makes one think that the Prohibitionists had it right.’
- ‘‘Mother’ was an unyielding moralist, a militant Prohibitionist, a staunch defender of the Sunday blue laws, and a devoted churchgoer opposed to the theory of evolution, to Italian opera, and to nude statues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.