One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These laws were justified by an unholy alliance of liquor wholesalers, bricks-and-mortar retailers, and Prohibitionists as being necessary to keep booze out of the hands of minors.’
- ‘Five years of Prohibition have had, at least, this one benign effect: they have completely disposed of all the favorite arguments of the Prohibitionists.’
- ‘Finally, the most ardent Prohibitionists are starting to suffer for their zealotry.’
- ‘‘Mother’ was an unyielding moralist, a militant Prohibitionist, a staunch defender of the Sunday blue laws, and a devoted churchgoer opposed to the theory of evolution, to Italian opera, and to nude statues.’
- ‘It almost makes one think that the Prohibitionists had it right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.