One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Support for or advocacy of social reform.‘the country is seen as a bastion of social progressivism’
- ‘Progressivism became more important as a political movement than socialism ever did.’
- ‘Student councils and other forms of student government became widespread because of the influence of American progressivism.’
- ‘He presents progressivism as the dominant paradigm at the beginning of the twentieth century.’
- ‘Their progressivism lay in their support for prohibition.’
- ‘Progressivism in education is not highly developed.’
- ‘Progressivism demands a government of this kind that solves and eliminates all problems.’
- ‘He shifted increasingly toward progressivism.’
- ‘As a result of this diversity, this society has displayed a unique blend of traditionalism and progressivism.’
- ‘She has criticised educational progressivism and defended the monarchy.’
- ‘Progressivism could not have made the strides it did, had it not been for the advent of what we would call modern journalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.