One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The simultaneous purchase and sale of many different stocks, or of stocks and related futures contracts, with the use of a computer program to exploit price differences in different markets.
- ‘Other tactics involve deep leveraging, programme trading, swaps, arbitrage and derivatives that retail investors find difficult to master.’
- ‘Algorithms are a step up from the more familiar program trading, which institutions for years have used to buy or sell bundles of 15 or more stocks worth a combined $1 million.’
- ‘The SEC has already moved, in conjunction with the New York Stock Exchange, to close down computer program trading on the market, a trade related to stock index futures.’
- ‘Think of program trading on Wall Street, for example.’
- ‘In the most recent week, 45.5 percent of the volume was program trading.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.