One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It doesn't take you a year to learn to hurdle, but it does take you a year to learn how to race at it proficiently enough to be successful.’
- ‘In this era of liberalisation and privatisation, sport is an important instrument that needs to be professionally and proficiently marketed.’
- ‘He plays the guitar, he plays bass very proficiently, he's a great producer.’
- ‘Seventy-six percent of the district's fourth-graders tested below grade level in math, and only 10 percent read proficiently.’
- ‘However, I knew how to shoot a gun very proficiently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.