One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high degree of skill; expertise.‘he demonstrated his proficiency in Chinese’
skill, skilfulness, expertise, experience, ability, capability, capacity, competence, competency, adeptness, adroitness, excellence, mastery, prowess, professionalism, aptitude, deftness, dexterity, finesse, facility, effectiveness, accomplishment, aptness, expertness, talentView synonyms
- ‘Each time you gain a level, you simply receive some ‘skill points,’ and you can spend those points on things like ability scores, weapon proficiencies, and skills.’
- ‘Penalty corner hits are an additional weapon to his accomplished all-round proficiency.’
- ‘A relationship between a child's age and proficiency in early math skills also exists.’
- ‘The gags almost seem muted by the technical proficiency of a practiced master of cinema.’
- ‘What it does test is verbal ability, not your proficiency in topics you learned in English class.’
- ‘Her gift is a pop proficiency that's rarer than musicianship in that she keeps people curious.’
- ‘Of these, dexterity or technical proficiency is considered to be of paramount importance among surgical trainees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.