One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The office or position of a university professor.‘he held a professorship in mathematics at the University of Bonn’
- ‘He quickly attained his full professorship.’
- ‘He gave up a tenured professorship in the animal science department.’
- ‘I was promoted to a full professorship in April last year.’
- ‘I accepted a visiting professorship.’
- ‘All four authors are famous in their field and hold distinguished professorships in leading American universities.’
- ‘During his teaching career, he held appointments in Hawaii and visiting professorships in Canada and the United States.’
- ‘She was the first woman to be granted a full tenured professorship in a clinical department at the medical school.’
- ‘He has held visiting professorships at Yale and other American universities.’
- ‘Being appointed to this professorship provides me with more resources for research and course development.’
- ‘She was offered a professorship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.