One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of entertainment involving wrestling matches whose progress and outcome are planned in advance, typically between performers with established character roles.‘he cemented his legacy in professional wrestling as one of the greatest “bad guys” the business had ever seen’as modifier ‘the professional wrestling business’
- ‘He was up around 72 percent, which coincidentally is the same percentage of the American people who still believe professional wrestling is legitimate.’
- ‘The Christian Wrestling Federation of Florida is a new entity in the world of professional wrestling.’
- ‘By his own admission, professional wrestling is acting.’
- ‘The farm boy was offered a multimillion-dollar contract on the professional wrestling circuit.’
- ‘I think it's the best documentary ever made on professional wrestling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.