One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a profanation of religion to declare oneself a terrorist in the name of God, to do violence to others in his name.’
- ‘It is a profanation of speech, whereas the purpose of speech is to communicate known truth to others.’
- ‘This profanation may offend people of tradition, whether Jews or Christians.’
- ‘And it is your duty to the Sacrament - that It might not suffer profanation.’
- ‘He elevated acts of profanation or desecration to the status of epiphanies: singular mystical moments of Oneness with the All.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.