One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A platform which houses equipment necessary to keep an oil or gas field in production, with facilities for temporarily storing the output of several wells.
- ‘The construction of the three parts of the production platform is advanced, and pre-development wells are being drilled in August.’
- ‘At present, oil operators have to pump the well fluid from a sub-sea reservoir to a production platform, where the mixture is separated into oil and water.’
- ‘Because the Lochnagar discovery is in 1,000 metres of water, the easiest way to extract the oil will be through a floating production platform.’
- ‘The accident happened as the aircraft was flying between the gas production platform Clipper and the drilling rig Global Santa Fe Monarch.’
- ‘For the first time in North America, workers aboard an offshore production platform have voted to join a union.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.