Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The total range of products offered by a company.
- ‘As we improve our product mix, market share gains will continue.’
- ‘To that end, its product mix was overhauled by offering healthy alternatives, while not undercutting its positioning of the Big Mac.’
- ‘So Hursman changed his product mix to meet his distributors' needs.’
- ‘He reshuffled Coke's ad agencies and shook up its product mix with a number of brand extensions such as Vanilla Coke.’
- ‘Hallmark, the greeting card giant, based in Kansas City, Mo., uses census data to decide on the product mix that local retailers receive.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.