One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the period between the appearance of initial symptoms and the full development of a rash or fever.
preparatory, introductory, initial, opening, prefatory, prior, preceding, lead-in, initiatory, precursoryView synonyms
- ‘Some patients may have prodromal symptoms without developing the characteristic rash.’
- ‘Cesarean delivery should be performed on women with recurrent HSV infection who have active genital lesions or prodromal symptoms at delivery.’
- ‘Patients may have a fever in the prodromal period, with or without headache.’
- ‘Recently, there have been confirmed cases of SNV infection in which patients had typical prodromal symptoms but never developed cardiopulmonary involvement.’
- ‘After the chain of infection is complete, there is an incubation, prodromal, and illness period, followed by convalescence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.