One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Do electric prodders ‘spark’ when earthed, and can they be earthed, even lightly, without delivering the full jolt?’
- ‘In The Philippines Britain even sells their corrupt government torture instruments to keep the peasants in line like industrial cattle prodders and electrodes under various loop holes.’
- ‘He's been such a persistent presidential prodder on the issue, he's earned the ultimate accolade, a White House nickname: ‘The Pest.’’
- ‘‘They require things like low amounts of electric prodder use on the animals, which is something we believe in so it's now becoming a culture throughout the food processing and preparation industries,’ he said.’
- ‘In Cambodia UN de-mining teams found that the Khmer Rouge had laid some mines at an angle so that a prodder used too vigorously would detonate the mine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.