One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of offspring; reproduction.‘in general animals copulate purely for the purpose of procreation’‘human procreation’
- ‘Emphasis on motherhood and the family served state goals of procreation and stability.’
- ‘These magnificent animals were remarkably efficient at both procreation and survival.’
- ‘Marriage, however, which provided the normal context for the procreation of children, is more accessible to us.’
- ‘Regarding procreation as a sin, he never married.’
- ‘Overpopulation has led to harshly enforced limitations on procreation.’
- ‘In our culture at this time, procreation is not understood to be an essential part of what it is to be married.’
- ‘Procreation becomes every woman's destiny and every man's responsibility, regardless of circumstances.’
- ‘Anxieties about procreation came to pervade the handbooks and medical literature that dealt with marital sex.’
- ‘Overpopulation demands that no rational government provide economic incentives for further procreation.’
- ‘In the west, birth control changed marriage from an institution for procreation to one that celebrated companionship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.