One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of offspring; reproduction.‘in general animals copulate purely for the purpose of procreation’‘human procreation’
- ‘Overpopulation demands that no rational government provide economic incentives for further procreation.’
- ‘These magnificent animals were remarkably efficient at both procreation and survival.’
- ‘In the west, birth control changed marriage from an institution for procreation to one that celebrated companionship.’
- ‘In our culture at this time, procreation is not understood to be an essential part of what it is to be married.’
- ‘Procreation becomes every woman's destiny and every man's responsibility, regardless of circumstances.’
- ‘Emphasis on motherhood and the family served state goals of procreation and stability.’
- ‘Regarding procreation as a sin, he never married.’
- ‘Marriage, however, which provided the normal context for the procreation of children, is more accessible to us.’
- ‘Anxieties about procreation came to pervade the handbooks and medical literature that dealt with marital sex.’
- ‘Overpopulation has led to harshly enforced limitations on procreation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.