Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action of delaying or postponing something:‘your first tip is to avoid procrastination’
dithering, delaying tactics, dilatoriness, stalling, temporizing, hesitation, vacillationhumming and hawingdilly-dallying, shilly-shallyingkicking the can down the roadView synonyms
- ‘As if this delay was not enough it was further compounded by procrastination in implementing the action recommended.’
- ‘With this essay, I would have taken procrastination and apathy to new heights, but I never got round to bothering.’
- ‘Maybe it'll help a few aspiring writers realize they're not alone in their procrastinations.’
- ‘Indecision and inaction can lead to bigger problems in business so avoid procrastination and delay.’
- ‘Don't let your voice fall silent this November because of procrastination.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.