One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of delaying or postponing something.‘your first tip is to avoid procrastination’
dithering, delaying tactics, dilatoriness, stalling, temporizing, hesitation, vacillationView synonyms
- ‘Indecision and inaction can lead to bigger problems in business so avoid procrastination and delay.’
- ‘With this essay, I would have taken procrastination and apathy to new heights, but I never got round to bothering.’
- ‘As if this delay was not enough it was further compounded by procrastination in implementing the action recommended.’
- ‘Maybe it'll help a few aspiring writers realize they're not alone in their procrastinations.’
- ‘Don't let your voice fall silent this November because of procrastination.’
procrastination is the thief of time
proverb If you delay doing something, it will take longer to do later on.‘maybe TV and procrastination really are the thieves of time’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.