One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of engineering that is concerned with industrial processes, especially continuous ones such as the production of petrochemicals.
- ‘Everything from labor and equipment productivity to product and process engineering is on display.’
- ‘Such COTS applications are characterized by higher levels of complexity, requiring process engineering and change management for implementation as well as cultural change for end users.’
- ‘Through most of the 1990s, most automotive manufacturers have been working on lean manufacturing, quality and safety, and improving product and process engineering.’
- ‘Also, GM wasn't able to use its ‘virtual factory’ model for the plant, which would undoubtedly have helped in process engineering and material handling.’
- ‘What's more, better process engineering and product design reduce the need for on-line inspections and quality control activities.’
- ‘The research challenges encompass developing new catalyst systems to minimise waste, eco-efficient solvents, alternative feedstocks and new process engineering routes.’
- ‘The smaller design and engineering company will handle process engineering, prototyping, testing, and production for Volvo's next-generation convertible.’
- ‘He will also be responsible for continuing to drive the company's results orientation through effective process engineering.’
- ‘Sometimes we speak of process engineering today, to emphasise that these same principles apply when any material in bulk is being processed.’
- ‘Investing in improved systems and processes - everything from product and process engineering to changes on the plant floor - also will help improve the quality of an operation and the vehicles it produces.’
- ‘Suppliers are not only providing equipment, but assisting in process engineering in developing new products for the market.’
- ‘These practices include process engineering, design for manufacturing, design for test, standardization, outsourcing, and automation.’
- ‘Originally it was an outgrowth of process engineering; now it's about offering the best total value through managing the processes.’
- ‘Since then he has worked in a number of areas including the astronomy, space and radio division and as programme manager for process engineering.’
- ‘In addition, because there is that timing function, there is the ability to use the data to make determinations for process engineering, noting, for example, how long it really takes for deliveries.’
- ‘The integration effort includes the tasks of process engineering and development of the operational and system architectures.’
- ‘Effective manufacturing process engineering identifies hurdles to the product delivery cycle, and addresses issues such as supply scarcity and unnecessary cost.’
- ‘Both continued to hire for manufacturing engineers, while also recruiting for a range of product and process engineering roles.’
- ‘Nelson wants a career in process engineering and is pursuing a diploma in chemical engineering technology.’
- ‘In principle this is a matter of careful process engineering like that employed in the microelectronics industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.