Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function of a discrete variable whose integral over any interval is the probability that the variate specified by it will lie within that interval.
- ‘In addition, we suggest that different probability distributions be tested, because the underlying probability distribution of most vital rates is unknown.’
- ‘If the probability distribution is uniform, you would expect each of the 10 digits from 0 to 9 to occur about one-tenth of the time.’
- ‘The error terms from the regression equations are modeled as random variables with a probability distribution.’
- ‘Instead we employ modeling to understand the statistical probability distribution of angles at rupture and its impact on the measured length and force distributions.’
- ‘The purpose of such a simulation scheme is the calculation of an approximate probability distribution over the realizations of the genealogy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.