One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function of a discrete variable whose integral over any interval is the probability that the variate specified by it will lie within that interval.
- ‘If the probability distribution is uniform, you would expect each of the 10 digits from 0 to 9 to occur about one-tenth of the time.’
- ‘The error terms from the regression equations are modeled as random variables with a probability distribution.’
- ‘Instead we employ modeling to understand the statistical probability distribution of angles at rupture and its impact on the measured length and force distributions.’
- ‘The purpose of such a simulation scheme is the calculation of an approximate probability distribution over the realizations of the genealogy.’
- ‘In addition, we suggest that different probability distributions be tested, because the underlying probability distribution of most vital rates is unknown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.