One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function of a continuous random variable, whose integral across an interval gives the probability that the value of the variable lies within the same interval.
- ‘This will, of course, result in a broad probability density function because of the variables that are present at the next level of decomposition.’
- ‘Given these considerations, it is proposed that the end product of the process modeling should be an estimate of the probability density function for percent mine burial.’
- ‘In the next section we describe a mathematical technique to represent a 3D volume using a reduced set of points such that their overall probability density function approximates the density profile of the original volume.’
- ‘We make use of a new vector quantization algorithm to select the points within the macromolecule that best approximate the probability density function of the original volume data.’
- ‘This terminate growth pattern can be described by the beta distribution function, the probability density function that gives a family of flexible asymmetrical unimodal curves with two fixed end points.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.