One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Newsquest publishes more than 300 titles, including 15 daily newspapers and a network of prize-winning web sites.’
- ‘It describes the Birdman who covers his plot in hen houses and pigeon lofts, but also makes room for drain pipes in which he grows his prize-winning carrots.’
- ‘But he's no TV or movie celebrity - he's a prize-winning Hereford bull.’
- ‘The prize-winning butcher has been selling handmade bangers and high quality cuts of meat in Cricklade for the past 21 years.’
- ‘The original statue now rests in the Venus Garden, the prize-winning walled rose garden, after being restored in 1994.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.