One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If his radical Professional Boxing Act becomes law, it could significantly alter how prizefighting is conducted around the world.’
- ‘But prizefighting was not, in fact, a major avenue of social mobility.’
- ‘In its heyday, boxing was known as prizefighting, a sporting event that is rich in history and culture.’
- ‘The government's task was made more difficult by the fact that wealthy and influential colonists were among the most devoted followers of prizefighting.’
- ‘That said, modern boxing appears almost genteel alongside its prizefighting predecessor in which bareknuckled pugilists fought to exhaustion, with fights often lasting several hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.