One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A private apartment in a royal residence.
- ‘This was certainly good food by Tudor standards but it paled compared to the sumptuous meals served to the more senior courtiers, such as the gentlemen of the privy chamber.’
- ‘A four-post bed, a chair, a fireplace, and another door in a corner that no doubt led to a privy chamber or a wardrobe.’
- ‘The size of the palace and the quantity of its contents in combination with Denny's other responsibilities within the privy chamber meant that he did not work alone at Westminster.’
- ‘She curtsied and laid her fingers gently against the ruffled cuff of his sleeve, walking gracefully beside him as they left his privy chambers for the private residence.’
- ‘He served Charles I as one of his privy chamber and acted as vice-chamberlain to his son Charles, Prince of Wales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.