One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The agreement for the sale of a property at a price negotiated directly between the vendor and purchaser or their agents.
- ‘It is for sale by private treaty and the joint agents are seeking offers of more than €1.4 million.’
- ‘The 464.5 square metre property is for sale by private treaty and has a guide price of €495,000.’
- ‘This house is for sale by private treaty and has a guide price of €460,000.’
- ‘As a slight slowdown becomes apparent, these houses will revert to private treaty sales and appreciate at a more modest level.’
- ‘The building is available to lease or agent CBRE will also consider a sale by private treaty.’
- ‘Both properties are for sale by private treaty and may be sold in one or more lots.’
- ‘The agent reports that the building, which is for sale by private treaty, is in a good state of repair and is available for immediate occupation.’
- ‘This five-bedroom house is for sale by private treaty and carries a price tag of £305,000.’
- ‘This property is for sale by private treaty and selling agent Olivers is guiding €1.3 million.’
- ‘The house is for sale by private treaty with viewing by appointment only.’
- ‘As to the method of sale, the agents did not recommend sale by auction, and so the claimant cannot be criticised for offering the property for sale by private treaty.’
- ‘Another Cork city agent said there was a privacy issue for many sellers, who prefer to sell their properties by private treaty.’
- ‘The property is for sale by private treaty and viewing is by appointment.’
- ‘The property is for sale by private treaty with a price tag of £99,000.’
- ‘Speeding up the legal process, however, is no mean feat - sales by private treaty can prove cumbersome to say the least.’
- ‘The property is for sale by private treaty and the selling agents are seeking offers in the region of £450,000.’
- ‘The agents are offering the building for sale by private treaty at a guide price of €3.2 million.’
- ‘Over £610,000 is sought for the property, for sale by private treaty through Gunne Residential.’
- ‘The site is for sale by private treaty and the agents are expecting it to sell for €1.5 million.’
- ‘Rooney Auctioneers is handling this private treaty sale and is quoting a price in the region of €675,000.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.