A patient who is receiving private medical treatment.
- ‘Although NHS patients and private patients receive a similar range of treatments the types of procedure differ proportionately.’
- ‘The two tier syndrome is set up so that consultants can double their NHS salary seeing private patients for a day a week; surgeons can double it in half a day a week.’
- ‘All patients are private patients who select the centre as the site for their medical care; reimbursement for services follows the traditional US model.’
- ‘We recruited 1612 women, 1093 public patients and 519 private patients.’
- ‘Hospital consultants were promised a salary and allowed to treat private patients in National Health Service hospitals.’