Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person's genitals.→ private
genitals, genitalia, sexual organs, reproductive organs, pudenda, nether regions, crotch groinprivates, bits, naughty bits, dangly bitslady partsView synonyms
- ‘She was such a sweet little girl, and she was always taught about her private parts and about telling mommy and daddy when someone hurts you.’
- ‘I managed to almost zip up my private parts in a pair of jeans on Monday, which brings the number of consecutive public holidays my testicles have been injured to three.’
- ‘It is, however, forbidden, in the strongest possible terms, to squeeze, grope and fondle your own private parts in public.’
- ‘Although the man was in shorts, they had ridden up his legs, and his lack of underpants had turned his private parts into glaringly public ones.’
- ‘However, there is still a reluctance on behalf of some people to go to the health board clinic or their doctor and say they have something wrong with their private parts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.