One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unlawful interference with the use and enjoyment of land.
- ‘In cities, urban weeds were a public concern, not private nuisances that pitted adjacent property owners against each other for monetary compensation.’
- ‘By comparison, the private nuisance doctrine developed to help deal with the unintended and rather unpleasant consequences of the Industrial Revolution.’
- ‘Picketing accompanied by violence, or even merely noise, may be a private nuisance.’
- ‘Because he is refusing to correct the problem, you can hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit claiming the drainage problem amounts to a private nuisance.’
- ‘But the essence of private nuisance is easy enough to identify, and it is the same in all three classes of private nuisance, namely, interference with land or the enjoyment of land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.