One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small hotel or guest house that is privately owned and managed.
- ‘At that time Patrick ran the place as a private hotel and so we lived in considerable luxury.’
- ‘Three-bed villas start at €300,000 and the development will include a clubhouse and a luxury private hotel.’
- ‘For a long time he lived in a single room in a private hotel but now has a three-roomed apartment in the north-east of the city.’
- ‘They've run the small private hotel since 1989.’
- ‘I wheeled my suitcase through the warren-like maze of ever-narrowing one-way streets to the private hotel I had chosen as lodgings for my brief stay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.