A private detective.
- ‘Jack's a hard-boiled private eye who narrates the entire film in voice-over, and who finds himself investigating an ancient Egyptian cult that worships chainsaws.’
- ‘And Donald was a great character, a detective in the classic sense of an old-school private eye detective.’
- ‘Tracing people is just one of the jobs private eyes take to make ends meet.’
- ‘I thought I was watching some television detective show where the private eye puts together the clues and reveals the killer, who then admits all and is ready to be taken away.’
- ‘Parker's Spenser is the best private eye in American detective fiction and has been for at least the past 20 years.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.