One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lyndhurst is ideally cast in the title role, a slightly malevolent character in the background, acidic of tongue and a picture of prissiness.’
- ‘This and adjacent forms of speech do not, however, go with any narrow prissiness.’
- ‘The complete lack of prissiness, pretentiousness and pomp among the Knights ensures that they themselves would never broadcast such an opinion, but there is a growing weight to it.’
- ‘Keep them away from me, their prissiness is getting to my brain.’
- ‘He retained mahua liquor and tribal sensuality, but brought in the prissiness of the urban middleclass, plus his own reticence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.