One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A page or set of pages of printed material obtained from a computer's printer.‘a printout of the names and addresses of all the applicants’mass noun ‘he unfolded a sheet of computer printout’
write out, copy out, copy in full, write in full, put in writing, set down, take down, type out, print out, put on paper, commit to paper, reproduceView synonyms
- ‘The computer software generated detailed printouts regarding bone density and body composition.’
- ‘But the recount he refers to was a comparison between the data in the computer and the computer printout.’
- ‘Email, Internet, On-line Research, printouts and other computer services are available for a small fee.’
- ‘The manual is just a computer printout folded in half to form a book; there are not even any staples down the side.’
- ‘At his trial counsel for the appellant challenged the admissibility of evidence in the form of computer printouts of telephone conversations made from a hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.