Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who makes pictures or designs by printing them from specially prepared plates or blocks.‘he is a painter and printmaker’
- ‘Writers, filmmakers, painters or printmakers are often sensitive personalities and feel a need to express their feelings in their works.’
- ‘Our city is renowned for its historic interest but little is known about its wealth of artists, which includes painters, potters, photographers, weavers and printmakers.’
- ‘The difference between painters, printmakers and photographers can be very large or very small, depending on our point of view or on our vested interest in the distinctions.’
- ‘As a printmaker and book illustrator, his clear and imaginative compositions contributed to the popularity of emblem books.’
- ‘Written for photographers, digital and traditional artists and printmakers, Mastering Digital Printing is an in-depth reference to the world of digital printing for photography and fine art.’
- ‘Son Jamie's computer knowledge and background as a printmaker and scenic designer make him the perfect technical services specialist at Allart.’
- ‘These comprise the papers of a varied group of painters, sculptors, printmakers, craftsmen, architects, designers and photographers from the eighteenth century to the present.’
- ‘The recipient of numerous academic and artistic awards, Leher, a printmaker, has exhibited nationally and internationally.’
- ‘Artists who are printmakers work in the medium of lithography; they etch, they engrave.’
- ‘Museum manager Brian Lunger has invited several Pangnirtung artists and printmakers to the opening, including Andrew Qappik and Jolly Attagooyak.’
- ‘The surveys also identified the need for cultural space where musicians, visual artists, filmmakers, dancers, printmakers, and other artists could share their skills and work with the community.’
- ‘Not only has his style of working changed from time to time, he has also changed from being a painter to producing relief sculpture to being a printmaker and finally becoming a mural painter.’
- ‘Besnard is little remembered today, but in his time he was regarded as one of the most significant of French artists, both as a printmaker and a painter, particularly in the field of portrait painting.’
- ‘The Endowment will support painters, sculptors, printmakers, and other artists in their efforts to better acquaint themselves with the natural world through both museum and field research.’
- ‘The Ashton showcases a collection of artworks from the Fort Worth Circle - painters, sculptors and printmakers prominent here beginning in the 1930s and '40s.’
- ‘Rome in the nineteenth century was a Mecca for painters, sculptors, architects, printmakers, writers, and composers from all over the world.’
- ‘For example, Dutch painters and Japanese printmakers, each in their own unique ways, brought quiet, everyday river scenes to life through their art.’
- ‘The printmakers carve and print in the same block.’
- ‘Collaboration being a two-way process, printmakers need artists as much as artists need printmakers.’
- ‘It was no wonder that the avant-garde artists and the printmakers who were rejected by the conservative Bunten, Teiten and Inten, tried to organize their own exhibitions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.