One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printing works.
- ‘Its operations were subsequently taken over by the Australian Workers Union, which built the weekly into the leading Sydney newspaper with a large Sydney printery.’
- ‘The son of a country policeman, Archibald grew up in Warrnambool, Victoria, where he was apprenticed in the printery of the local paper and conceived an ambition to be a journalist.’
- ‘We lived on a little fruit farm one mile from the printery at which the typesetting and press work were done.’
- ‘Built in 1942, it was used as a printery of the Roman Catholic Mission and later a tannery and private home.’
- ‘This always turned out to be a costly mistake for them, because this printery employed highly inefficient and obsolete methods with very high overheads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.