Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The ability of paper to take print.‘the paper's printability and porosity’
- ‘Concorde Rag delivers photographic printability on soft white vellum paper.’
- ‘Paper products made using these fabrics have enhanced printability.’
- ‘Some characteristics that affect printability are smoothness, absorbency, opacity and ink holdout.’
- ‘The canvas offers a unique combination of printability, flexibility and water repellency, according to the company.’
- ‘In order to obtain good printability, it is necessary for the ink and the substrate to have compatible surface tension and surface energy levels.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.