Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The ability of paper to take print.‘the paper's printability and porosity’
- ‘Concorde Rag delivers photographic printability on soft white vellum paper.’
- ‘Paper products made using these fabrics have enhanced printability.’
- ‘In order to obtain good printability, it is necessary for the ink and the substrate to have compatible surface tension and surface energy levels.’
- ‘Some characteristics that affect printability are smoothness, absorbency, opacity and ink holdout.’
- ‘The canvas offers a unique combination of printability, flexibility and water repellency, according to the company.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.