Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of files or documents that have been sent to a particular printer and are waiting to be printed.
- ‘The printer queue showed about 10 items waiting to print and the print queue paused!’
- ‘The fast way to open the print queue is to double-click on the Printer symbol in the System tray (located at the bottom right).’
- ‘If you can see the print queue for the network printer, try to clear out all outstanding jobs.’
- ‘But if I delete the file in the print queue and try again, it works.’
- ‘With the Web-access system, the printer can work unattended, and the operator can monitor it as well as manage the print queue from a remote location.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.