Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of files or documents that have been sent to a particular printer and are waiting to be printed.
- ‘If you can see the print queue for the network printer, try to clear out all outstanding jobs.’
- ‘The fast way to open the print queue is to double-click on the Printer symbol in the System tray (located at the bottom right).’
- ‘But if I delete the file in the print queue and try again, it works.’
- ‘The printer queue showed about 10 items waiting to print and the print queue paused!’
- ‘With the Web-access system, the printer can work unattended, and the operator can monitor it as well as manage the print queue from a remote location.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.