One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The leading female role in a pantomime.
- ‘I got a phone call from my agent saying someone had dropped out of playing principal girl at York, and would I audition.’
- ‘A show with two principal girls necessitates two villains and the Players' specialists in villainy are the brace of Andys: Mr Andy Love as Sinistro, the wicked sorcerer, and Mr Andy Welch as Crunchbones, the witch doctor.’
- ‘Mieke Jackson adds the role of Dick Whittington to her lengthy list of principal-boy performances, while principal girl Sarah Davis makes her debut for the Players as Alice Fitzwarren.’
- ‘Young shopgirls Carly Zoeller, Sarah Clyde and Lisa-Marie Wade are bolstered by dance-trained Melissa Swindell, a former pantomime principal girl for the society.’
- ‘The show was a pantomime called The Happy Ha'penny, in which Sims played the principal girl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.