One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of analysis which involves finding the linear combination of a set of variables that has maximum variance and removing its effect, repeating this successively.
- ‘The high- and low-pressure spectra were chosen from the time series by analyzing the series with principal component analysis and using the scores of the first component to pick out the extremes.’
- ‘To reduce the number of statistical tests performed with multiple song features, a common practice is to apply principal component analysis.’
- ‘Vegetation structure was also quantified with principal component analysis because multivariate measures of vegetation can lead to more powerful interpretations by examining the interrelationship among variables.’
- ‘To study the free-energy landscape of a protein, principal component analysis is known to be a useful tool.’
- ‘We conducted principal component analysis for all characters, including all individuals of the five species, and also for each species separately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.