One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A princess who acts as regent.
- ‘At the time, the Princess was the Princess Regent in the absence of her father, King Taufaahau Tupou IV.’
- ‘Before his departure to the war with Paraguay and subsequent trip to Europe, Pedro II promulgated a law on regency (15 May 1871), which provided for installation of Isabel as Imperial Princess Regent.’
- 1.1 The wife of a Prince Regent.
- ‘Their wife or husband is given the title of Prince or Princess Regent and has no direct power that is linked to the throne.’
- ‘A princess regent is referred to as a princezna vladáøka if the title comes to her in her own right, but as the manelka prince regenta if she is simply the wife of a prince regent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.