One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this David-Goliath battle Philip had armaments, a trained army and more annual income (largely from the New World) than other European nations and princedoms combined.’
- ‘In the years of his princedom of Bulgaria, from 1879 to 1886, the country went through 10 changes of government.’
- ‘Baronial connections with Wales also helped Llywelyn I to expand his princedom of Gwynedd to its maximum extent.’
- ‘Over the next two centuries local princedoms traded, allied, and fought with Europeans, and the Dutch East India Company became a small state engaging in local battles and alliances to secure trade.’
- ‘As Machiavelli stresses in chapter 2, his interest lies not in republics as such, but rather in the government of cities, whether they are ruled as republics or as princedoms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.