One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A solution rich in organic compounds in the primitive oceans of the earth, from which life is thought to have originated.
- ‘Scientists yearn to study this untouched ecosystem, but to do so they have to find a way to reach its surface without pumping the ice barrier full of antifreeze - thus destroying the mysterious primordial soup below.’
- ‘So inspired was he, Miller set about recreating the primordial soup in the laboratory.’
- ‘My characters drift back into the primordial soup from which they so recently emerged.’
- ‘But this time, the noise and the power are not the end product: rather, they are the raw materials, the primordial soup out of which Vainio rips and pulls and molds and shapes nine beautiful, delicate, musical gems.’
- ‘It has taken three to four billion years for our species to emerge since primitive life-forms first arose in the primordial soup.’
- ‘Here was the starfish that turns beautiful coral polyps into ‘green slime’ - words that invoke the slime of the alien in horror movies or the primitive wildness of the primordial soup from which life on earth first came.’
- ‘In trying to explain this ‘thing called love,’ they delve into the primordial soup of DNA, of birth and gestation.’
- ‘Now, as far as I can understand it, and do correct me if I'm wrong, the evolutionists' theory has life beginning in some kind of primordial soup, then being subject to a process of evolution driven by natural selection.’
- ‘Within a few steps this primordial soup gave way to mosses, ferns and damp rainforest before opening up to show a variety pollinating plants.’
- ‘But not all scientists agree that life evolved from chemicals in the primordial soup.’
- ‘Prior to that time, particles of energy, photons, and particles of matter, protons and electrons, were all mixed together in a kind of hot primordial soup.’
- ‘So, it seems, the Earth's primordial soup was primed with the monomers for making the polymeric components of primitive life.’
- ‘Suddenly you can visualise your ancestors emerging from this salty primordial soup.’
- ‘The issue of the Special Creation of Life by a Higher Intelligence versus spontaneous generation from a primordial soup has been the subject of debate for many years.’
- ‘At the back of your mind is the idea that a lightning flash triggered a replicative system in the primordial soup, and suddenly the show was on the road.’
- ‘Its mission is to study the primordial soup of our solar system, which is sealed away inside comets.’
- ‘Roll the clocks backward some more - say, 13.7 billion years - and you land squarely in the primordial soup of the big bang.’
- ‘The void evoked in the first few bars is bleak and barren, chilly vibrato-less strings and coldly gleaming brass, with winds bubbling away like some kind of primordial soup.’
- ‘All of the stars, galaxies, and large-scale structure in our universe may have started as tiny quantum fluctuations in the primordial soup.’
- ‘Bada is involved in a branch of exobiology in which researchers study the possibility that comets and interplanetary dust particles gave the primordial soup the needed seasoning for life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.