One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We, the people of Etropole, want to preserve the natural primitiveness of the place,’ said the woman who still goes hiking in the mountain and uses a bicycle as a means of transportation.’
- ‘Much as many paleoanthropologists like to think of our evolution as a linear process, a gradual progression from primitiveness to perfection, this conceptual hold-over from the past is clearly in error.’
- ‘That's part of the charm of the record, this very primitiveness of instrumentation and melody - as though we are looking in on something that isn't quite ready to be shown to the public yet, or was never even intended for it.’
- ‘Modern man's primitiveness lurks beneath every layer of civilization, at times so obvious that one cannot see it.’
- ‘Due to its relative primitiveness and secluded location, schools in the area will remain inactive for the better part of three months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.