One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A substance that prepares something for use or action.
- 1.1 Gunpowder placed in the pan of a firearm to ignite a charge.‘he checked the priming of his gun’
- ‘Their priming mixture, primer cup and anvil are encased in a battery cup that forms its own self supported metallic pocket when inserted into the shell's primer pocket.’
- ‘CCI and Speer's Clean-Fire ammunition combines a TMJ bullet and a lead core completely encased in copper with a priming mixture that contains no lead, barium or other toxic elements.’
- ‘The priming of the Colibri drives its bullet at 375 fps and the Super Colibri clocks a bit faster at 500 fps.’
- ‘‘A reloading-kit package includes a press, a priming tool and a powder measure,’ Lee said.’
- ‘All our .30 Carbine ammunition of the time had non-corrosive priming.’
- 1.1 Gunpowder placed in the pan of a firearm to ignite a charge.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.