Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for primordial soup
- ‘Without this slight imperfection in the mechanism of DNA replication we would still be swimming round in the primeval soup.’
- ‘Part of the evolutionist's religion is that energy from the sun - acting on a primeval soup millions of years ago - caused the first life-forms to emerge.’
- ‘Did it form from clay, did it come through some primeval soup or you know, did some of it get seeded from Mars?’
- ‘What arose from this primeval soup was generic source code.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.