One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roast or steak cut from the seven ribs immediately before the loin.
- ‘Then there's roast turkey, prime rib, or grilled steak for dinner.’
- ‘Other popular cuts are the chateaubriand for two, the heavy-cut sirloin and prime ribs served on the bone.’
- ‘The prime rib is marinated for two days, then roasted and covered with salt and herbs.’
- ‘Pot roast, prime rib, pork roast, pork tenderloin, sirloin, even ribs or London broil… take your pick.’
- ‘The chicken I had for lunch was tender and succulent, and I doubt that the prime rib I'm having for dinner will disappoint.’
- ‘Alec Takagi hand-cuts his seafood filets and steaks; his broiled salmon is basted in a smoky herb butter, his prime rib roasted for 12 hours.’
- ‘Dinners included chicken and shrimp curry on white rice, prime rib cooked to taste or tuna steaks, served with a vegetable and a dynamite fresh green salad.’
- ‘The prime rib, vegetables, and fries were too much, so she just picked at it.’
- ‘Some nights I prefer a simple taco platter to a forty five dollar prime rib.’
- ‘The main course - a showy prime rib roast, creamed spinach, and parsley potatoes - echoes the spirit of Christmas past in the best way.’
- ‘I had a tasty prime rib for dinner with mashed potatoes and a nicely prepared medley of mixed vegetables.’
- ‘House rubs the prime rib with an herb-flavored oil, then grills it, catching the drippings below the meat in a pan on the firegrate.’
- ‘The troops, who are used to a variety of foods in the camp kitchens, from prime rib and roast pork to meat pie and Atlantic cod, will have no access to their usual salad and bread bars.’
- ‘Everyone deserves a wonderful event, whatever that may be, and we have great menu choices for those who can't afford the prime rib dinners.’
- ‘Despite its fancy name, prime rib steak is actually quite affordable - I bought mine for $5 per pound at Central Fresh Market.’
- ‘He offers an extensive list of by-the-glass wines to accompany their best-selling crab cakes and prime rib steaks.’
- ‘Bypass surgery in 1989 has not deterred him from anything except possibly that outside end piece of a prime rib he loved so well.’
- ‘Casual and comfortable, Cafe Serrano serves such favorites as slow roasted prime rib, seafood and gourmet salads.’
- ‘There you'll find a mix of prime ribs, pork, chicken, sweetbreads, and kidneys - sometimes all on the same plate.’
- ‘Cooking was straight-forward American-style and uniformly very good, better and more varied than expected, with memorable entrées such as Dungeness crab, grilled halibut, and prime ribs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.