The lowest rate of interest at which money may be borrowed commercially.‘the banks have cut their prime rate by 4 percentage points’
- ‘Some short-term home-equity loans are tied to the prime rate; longer-term rates may be a point or two higher than your existing mortgage.’
- ‘The average rate for the credit lines is the prime rate - the interest rate banks charge their most creditworthy customers.’
- ‘At closing, the loans will be fixed at the prime rate, which now is 4 percent.’
- ‘Still, banks are facing shrinking interest margins as they offer lower prime rates to attract homebuyers to take on mortgages.’
- ‘The interest rate would be 8% (the prime rate at that time) with no prepayment penalty clause.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.