Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The sedimentation and removal of most suspended matter from sewage effluent.[as modifier] ‘a primary treatment plant’
- ‘Most Canadian cities, especially those on the west coast, provide only primary treatment to sewage.’
- ‘Five out of seven sewage treatment facilities in the Greater Vancouver Regional District provide primary treatment of sewage.’
- ‘At the time many mills did not have primary treatment for mill effluents (for example, the use of a settling pond) and fewer still had secondary treatment ponds, which used aerobics to reduce drastically the pollution risk.’
- ‘The sand bioreactors described in this bulletin are intended for domestic sewage following primary treatment.’
- ‘The next stage is primary treatment, which consists of gravity settling to remove suspended solids.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.