Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sedimentation and removal of most suspended matter from sewage effluent.as modifier ‘a primary treatment plant’
- ‘Most Canadian cities, especially those on the west coast, provide only primary treatment to sewage.’
- ‘The next stage is primary treatment, which consists of gravity settling to remove suspended solids.’
- ‘At the time many mills did not have primary treatment for mill effluents (for example, the use of a settling pond) and fewer still had secondary treatment ponds, which used aerobics to reduce drastically the pollution risk.’
- ‘Five out of seven sewage treatment facilities in the Greater Vancouver Regional District provide primary treatment of sewage.’
- ‘The sand bioreactors described in this bulletin are intended for domestic sewage following primary treatment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.