One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The characteristic sequence of amino acids forming a protein or polypeptide chain, considered as the most basic element of its structure.
- ‘The sequence of amino acids, called the primary structure of the enzyme, is determined by the gene coding for the enzyme.’
- ‘This, in turn, provides additional support for the hypothesis that life at high temperatures imposes unusual functional constraints on the primary structure of proteins.’
- ‘A protein's primary structure refers to the sequence of amino acids in the molecule.’
- ‘The primary structure of peptides and proteins refers to the linear number and order of the amino acids present.’
- ‘Although various substitutions occur in primary structures of immunoglobulin light chains, no common amino acid has yet been identified which is unique to AL amyloidosis or other immunoglobulin-related diseases.’
The parts of an aircraft whose failure would seriously endanger safety.
- ‘The certification of the 737 Composite Horizontal Stabilizer was the first large commercial aircraft primary structure in the world certified for commercial aircraft.’
- ‘All of the airplane's primary structure was found at the accident site.’
- ‘Primary structure for present transport aircraft is designed, based on average expected operational conditions and average fatigue test results, for 120,000 hrs.’
- ‘Fusion welded aluminum primary structures in airplanes are virtually nonexistent, because the high-strength alloys utilized have low weldability and low weld-joint efficiencies.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.