One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The characteristic sequence of amino acids forming a protein or polypeptide chain, considered as the most basic element of its structure.
- ‘A protein's primary structure refers to the sequence of amino acids in the molecule.’
- ‘Although various substitutions occur in primary structures of immunoglobulin light chains, no common amino acid has yet been identified which is unique to AL amyloidosis or other immunoglobulin-related diseases.’
- ‘The primary structure of peptides and proteins refers to the linear number and order of the amino acids present.’
- ‘This, in turn, provides additional support for the hypothesis that life at high temperatures imposes unusual functional constraints on the primary structure of proteins.’
- ‘The sequence of amino acids, called the primary structure of the enzyme, is determined by the gene coding for the enzyme.’
The parts of an aircraft whose failure would seriously endanger safety.
- ‘All of the airplane's primary structure was found at the accident site.’
- ‘Fusion welded aluminum primary structures in airplanes are virtually nonexistent, because the high-strength alloys utilized have low weldability and low weld-joint efficiencies.’
- ‘The certification of the 737 Composite Horizontal Stabilizer was the first large commercial aircraft primary structure in the world certified for commercial aircraft.’
- ‘Primary structure for present transport aircraft is designed, based on average expected operational conditions and average fatigue test results, for 120,000 hrs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.