One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school for children between the ages of about five and eleven.
- ‘Five local primary schools have been rewarded for their commitment and achievements in PE and sport.’
- ‘North Swindon has an expanding population and has five primary schools.’
- ‘The school was included in a year-long review into five Catholic primary schools in East Bradford.’
- ‘It has five primary schools but two new ones are due to be completed by 2006.’
- ‘In the last five years, primary schools in England and Wales have halved the amount of time allocated to physical education.’
- ‘Of the five primary schools reviewed in Leeds, Tinshill has the most surplus places - 140.’
- ‘Each of the five classrooms at the new primary school provides an education for 60 children.’
- ‘Several other primary schools have new head teachers this term.’
- ‘Eleven primary schools from the Keighley area took part and the best five from each school were shortlisted for the final judging.’
- ‘Twenty seven teams from the five primary schools in the Credit Unions Common bond took part.’
- ‘The literacy and numeracy strategies were not compulsory in primary schools.’
- ‘The event gives the junior pupils from primary schools in and around Appleby a taste of grammar school life.’
- ‘They had known one another at nursery, gone to separate primary schools but were reunited at secondary school.’
- ‘The course is open to boys and girls who attend primary schools in the borough and who are in years five or six.’
- ‘Parent power appeared to have triumphed last night in a battle to save five Bradford primary schools from closure.’
- ‘In other schools secondary school teachers visit local primary schools to give special classes.’
- ‘Pupils at both local primary schools started the new school year last week after the summer holidays.’
- ‘The two schools are to merge in September to become one primary school for children aged five to 11.’
- ‘The Council has also agreed to fund plans to create three special primary schools alongside existing primary schools.’
- ‘The survey also indicated that more than two out of five primary schools charged pupils for swimming lessons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.