One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school for children between the ages of about five and eleven.
- ‘In other schools secondary school teachers visit local primary schools to give special classes.’
- ‘North Swindon has an expanding population and has five primary schools.’
- ‘The literacy and numeracy strategies were not compulsory in primary schools.’
- ‘The survey also indicated that more than two out of five primary schools charged pupils for swimming lessons.’
- ‘Of the five primary schools reviewed in Leeds, Tinshill has the most surplus places - 140.’
- ‘The event gives the junior pupils from primary schools in and around Appleby a taste of grammar school life.’
- ‘Eleven primary schools from the Keighley area took part and the best five from each school were shortlisted for the final judging.’
- ‘The school was included in a year-long review into five Catholic primary schools in East Bradford.’
- ‘It has five primary schools but two new ones are due to be completed by 2006.’
- ‘The Council has also agreed to fund plans to create three special primary schools alongside existing primary schools.’
- ‘Several other primary schools have new head teachers this term.’
- ‘Twenty seven teams from the five primary schools in the Credit Unions Common bond took part.’
- ‘Five local primary schools have been rewarded for their commitment and achievements in PE and sport.’
- ‘The two schools are to merge in September to become one primary school for children aged five to 11.’
- ‘They had known one another at nursery, gone to separate primary schools but were reunited at secondary school.’
- ‘Parent power appeared to have triumphed last night in a battle to save five Bradford primary schools from closure.’
- ‘The course is open to boys and girls who attend primary schools in the borough and who are in years five or six.’
- ‘Pupils at both local primary schools started the new school year last week after the summer holidays.’
- ‘In the last five years, primary schools in England and Wales have halved the amount of time allocated to physical education.’
- ‘Each of the five classrooms at the new primary school provides an education for 60 children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.