Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The production of raw materials for industry.
- ‘In order to control and minimize food-borne disease by these organisms, it has been necessary to change primary production, processing, retailing and consumer handling practices.’
- ‘In fact, we are asking the primary production community to invest, with the Government, about $8 million of its money, in order that we can improve further the productivity of our primary production industry.’
- ‘Why is it that year after year our primary production industries have had growth that exceeds that of any other industry?’
- ‘Imposing a land tax on currently exempt land used for primary production and for owner occupied residences would afford the opportunity to introduce a single marginal tax rate scale, with a very low tax rate.’
- ‘Many of these countries have high population densities, where most primary production serves the domestic demand and is thus not exported.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.